Most-common affections of the large intestine (colon):
- Diverticle: Small eversions of the colon.
- Diverticulitis: Painful inflammation of intestinal diverticle, primarily in the left-sided lower abdomen.
- Intestinal polyps: Polyps in the large intestine (colon), some of which of size 0.04-0,4” (1-10mm), in some cases being precursors of a malignant condition.
- Intestinal cancer: Malignant tumor emanating from the mucous membrane of the colon.
- Inflammatory affections of the intestine: Painful inflammations of the mucous membrane of the intestine.
Pathology depending on clinical picture:
- Blood addition in the stools
- Anomalous stools
- Computertomography (CT)
- Varying depending on affection
- endoscopyEndoscopic excision of polyps
- Antibiotic therapy in case of mild diverticulitis
- Conventional or laparoscopic excision of intestinal parts